I just wanted to throw that picture in because we're not traveling as much anymore since we're starting classes. I took this picture on the way to some of the places we've visited, and I thought it was really cool; there is a nice green field followed by like a forest of palm trees and in the back you can see the outline of the top of a pyramid.
As for the internet situation here, it’s still in shambles. I tried for a couple hours today to get a good signal before I finally went to one of the café’s. Luckily there is an internet café right across the street so that I can upload pictures. All the other internet that I have connected to is too slow to upload pictures. I actually won’t even be able to post this blog tonight (I type it in word because of no internet then copy it online) because I reached my maximum quota for the day! There isn’t supposed to be a quota, we get our own usernames and passwords and should be able to use them from 8-11 every night. Tonight though, I used my username and password and it kicked me off after 30 minutes. Then I used Al’s name and password because luckily he can bum it off the neighbors across the street. That also kicked me off just now right in the middle of my conversation with dad (sorry dad). And unfortunately I can’t call him back. Oh well, they should get it figured out eventually, and if not I can always go across the street for a couple hours, even if it is inconvenient. I feel so out of the loop without internet and knowing what is going on in the world. Even on the day when I was at an internet café all day, I was reading the same news at 6 pm that I had been reading at 7 am, as if nothing new had developed. Then I realized that that specific timeframe, from the east coast, where most of the news and at least our country’s things develop, was midnight – 11 am; of course nothing new had developed. Okay, well I was actually just going to jot down a few notes but I started to ramble, so I’ll keep you posted again in the next few days. Bye.
Also, I actually just came to the internet cafe for a couple hours and updated my blog, so everything is up to date except for the most recent entry which I still have pictures to include.
No comments:
Post a Comment